The content here is based on the InventoryDemo app in the Samples download
for CSLA .NET for Silverlight.
1. Copy the ZipBin folder into your solution.
Server business objects project:
- Create folder called 'Compression'
- Add CompressedHost.cs and CompressionUtility.cs from the InvLib.Server project.
- Update the namespaces in these files.
- Add a reference to ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.
Client business objects project:
- Create folder called 'Compression'.
- Add a link to your CompressionUtility.cs file (in server objects).
- Add 'CompressedProxy.cs' from the InvLib.Client project.
- Update the namespace in CompressedProxy.cs.
- Add a reference to SharpZipLib.
Web service project:
- Find and change the name to 'YourBusinessLibrary.Compression.CompressedHost'.
- Do the same in WcfPortal.svc.
- Add this line to app.xaml.cs Application_startup: Csla.DataPortal.ProxyTypeName = typeof(BusinessLibrary.Compression.CompressedProxy<>).AssemblyQualifiedName;
This content was pulled from a forum post
by James Thomas.